Tuesday 17 June 2014

My Summer Must Haves

Hi Guys, it is finally getting warmer which has made me switch a few things about in my make-up bag!





























Blusher | 

I have started wearing either a cream or a liquid blush instead of my usual powder. I love wearing cream blushes and this Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Cream Blush in the colour Honey is one that I have been regularly reaching for, I apply this to the apples of my cheeks using my Real Techniques Stippling brush. Another product that I have been using is my Benefit Benetint, I apply a small amount to my cheeks , then dab it with my finger. I love the dewy finish of these products and these formulas never feel cake-y like powders can, which is great when the weather is hot!






























Highlighter |

Another powder product that I have swapped for a liquid is my highlighter. I have gone back to an old favourite of mine the Benefit Highbeam I have used this product on and off for years. This is a beautiful highlighter, it leaves a natural, glowy sheen. I apply this by dabbing some of the product on the tops of my cheekbones, down the centre of my nose, above my cupids bow and occasionally a little bit in the centre of my forehead. I sometimes add a little bit into my foundation as well which leaves a lovely glowy complexion.





Caudalie Beauty Elixir | 

So I recently gave into the hype, joined the bandwagon and purchased this (using my Birchbox points!). Since using this I am in love. I use this in the morning before applying my moisturiser, it smells amazing and really wakes your skin up! When I read that it ‘smooths away fine lines, tightens pores and gives the complexion a real boost of radiance’ I didn’t believe it at all, but I have found that after using it my skin feels and looks better and my foundation applies better. It’s also nice to carry around in your bag and give your face a spritz throughout the day, this is especially nice if it’s a hot day!  





Lipgloss | 

I recently noticed all of my lip glosses were bright colours and I didn't actually own a nice nude lip gloss, that was until I picked up this Revlon Super Lustrous in the colour 215 super natural. This lip gloss is lovely and it is one I have been grabbing every day. After using this I really want to get some more colours in this formula. It’s not sticky it has no scent which personally I prefer in a lipgloss, it feels moisturising and top marks on the packaging which I feel looks a lot more expensive than it actually is!

























I hope you all enjoyed this little post to update you all on a few changes that I like to make in the summer. Are there any products that you mix up in the summer months? 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment