Wednesday 7 January 2015

Favourites Of 2014

Good Evening. I thought I would do a post on my favourites from 2014. It did take me a while to narrow it down but in the end I managed to get down to my 6 favourites from last year and I think these are all essentials in a make-up lovers make-up bag!




1. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation | £31

I fell madly and deeply in love with this foundation last year. I had read many blog reviews and watched many YouTube videos before purchasing this little gem and boy am I glad I got it. I'm going to put this out there first, this is not a cheap foundation, I think its one of the most expensive I have purchased (along with the YSL ones). The way I see it is that although it cost £31 it has lasted over 3 months, so that is around £10 a month for a beautiful foundation...this is how I justify the amount to my partner anyway!
The foundation itself can be applied with a brush or looks equally as beautiful if applied with fingers. Very buildable, this can go from being quite a natural foundation to full coverage. It gives a lovely glowy radiant skin and lasts all day easily! I cannot say enough good things about this foundation and I highly recommend it!



2. Mac Pro longwear concealer | £15.50

Another pricey product but if you can look past that, it is a fabulous product. I don't use this everyday, but when I have had a sleepless night due to my daughter keeping me up or if I am going somewhere nice I will grab this. It has a medium/high coverage. It feels light on the skin, it applies as a creamy texture sets quite quickly and once it has set it wont budge. On me it lasts all day easily.



3. Eyeko brow gel | £18.00

This is a great product. I love to use this on my "no make-up" days.  I just run it through my brows and gives them definition and colour but they still look natural.


4. Soap & Glory Supercat liquid liner | £6.00

Not much to say other than this is a fab liner and I think I have used it throughout 2014. It is jet black, lasts all day and is easy to apply.

5. Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick | £5.49

I think this has been my favourite since 2013 I have purchased about 3 of these. I have bought redish lipsticks from YSL, Elizabeth Arden and MAC but always seem to come back to this one. It is a matte formula therefore lasts hours without needing a touch up. The colour is a beautiful dark red colour which is very flattering and makes your teeth look super white. I love this and will continue to repurchase until its discontinued (which no doubt will happen as always with products I love!).





6. MAC "Naked Lunch" | £10.00
This is my second purchase of this shadow. I love this colour its a gorgeous shimmery champagne colour I wear it everyday all over my lid with a darker colour going through the crease. if you’re looking for an everyday shadow this is a beautiful colour and it’s MAC so applies like a dream. 


  

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking at that naked lunch shade for a while, hoping soon I can get my hands on it!Great post

    ReplyDelete